It was a good year

I have a couple of hours before I go off to start the festivities for ringing in the New Year. One could argue that one day is very much like the other, but the beginning of the new year is special - it is so in the minds of a few billion people and all that psychic energy has to count for something.

I'm not a big fan of 'resolutions', but I always have some sort of a continuous improvement program going on aiming for growth along multiple dimensions. Looking back on 2006, I must say it's been a pretty good year. Apart from the health and family goals (check on both fronts), I've managed to make a lot of new friends (social) and saw a huge spike in my 'giving back'. The blog's helping me work on something creative, even if it's just a little bit, and launching my venture has not only got me back where I'd like to be (in the startup world) but it's also added the extreme satisfaction of doing something that could help people as well as bring shareholder value. It feels good.

I believe it was Gandhi who'd said that happiness is having what you think, say, and do in harmony. It's not for nothing he was called the Mahatma.

No comments: