Just do it!

I just ran across this blog post about why some action is better than none. Just looking at what happened today makes me believe that it applies in spades to startups.

The four main points in the post are:
  • Small wins matter. Today we got glowing feedback from one user, just one, but it feels good!
  • Accomplishments come in pieces. A demo from a few weeks ago resulted in a request for proposal. Moved on to the next step.
  • Perfection is unattainable anyway. That's what I told myself when I noticed the user interface on our app needed tweaking in some areas.
  • Actions produce energy and momentum. The end of the day blahs were banished with a flurry of emails, tweets and yes, this blog.
As I've mentioned in an earlier post, it is important to avoid analysis paralysis, especially in a startup. You can read the entire post here - it's short and sweet and may just move you to action. Nike got their mantra right - just do it!

1 comment:

leila Atkin said...

thanks for the reminder, usha. I'm going to get moving!